Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Legacy

This afternoon has turned into a "norm", one I'm not happy with. So what to do? I can't change him, but I'd like to see him happier. I feel bad seeing him off to work when he's already hurting, and then I do my thing and feel good. I think I have lived this way with another couple: Mama and Daddy...

All my growing years I remember Daddy dressing in a suit and going to Lockheed. Mama was a housewife and took care of us all. When Daddy got home in the afternoon he'd change clothes, Mama would get his tea and he'd read the paper or work in the yard till supper time. After supper he'd finish what he'd been doing and most times go to bed early. Once in a while he'd watch T.V. , but not often. I don't remember them talking alot and when they did, Daddy would usually fuss about money, and Mama would try to explain. They didn't have any close friends, except a small group that had been neighbors when they got married. Neither one had any interests, except the yard and garden, but no personal ones. They were both depressed, but Daddy was seriously so. Needless to say this made big impressions on me, and most likely my younger sister, too.

Now I see us like that, for different reasons but the same result. We could be enjoying our life much more. I think there are some ways George could be a little better. I mentioned some of these to him, but he didn't seem to be ready to make changes.

Now that I am doing so well there is a lot I want to do, I want to live and enjoy life and the blessings God has given us! So my delimma is do I go ahead and do my thing and take care of him, and leave him alone? I already had two things I wanted to do this summer that he shot down for his own reasons, and that makes me resentful, and I don't like feeling this way.

Oh well, these are the days of our lives! I do believe if I keep trying things will work out for the best for us all. I could use some help, though :)

Peace



No comments:

Post a Comment