Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Home Sweet Home & Goodbye Sucks

Chicago is a memory now, it went so fast. Except for the mess here, I wouldn't know I'd gone. That's not true, exactly. I brought some odd souveniers, a mussel and a cork from our French dinner, salt and pepper grinders from our shopping trips, and of course a few photos. Oops, Mussel shell!

I had a wonderful time being with Elissa and Hubert. They are really good to be around, they are so in love and their joy is contagious. I teased them about being "mushy" but I was really envious, I think.

We went wedding shopping at Ikea, to the boat yard to see Bonjour, dined out a lot, to friends for dinner, to the nail salon, and just bummed around some. Just spending time together was the important thing to me. We talked about families, past and present and future. And a host of other things...

George and I Skyped several times, he seemed to be ok (even when the TV died). I always worry about him, I can't help it. My trips have proven that he can survive without me. He let me know he missed me, which always makes me feel good!

Elissa took me in at the airport and insisted on staying until I got through security. She is so sweet and protective. There was no crying this time as much as I wanted to. I can't find words to describe how I felt watching her on the other side of the security line. She was so beautiful, and seemed so far away, even then.

So, I'm home, ready to go back to my route and to start working on new goals. It's March now, and Spring is just around the corner, Yeahhh!! I look forward to every day, and I'm grateful.


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment